Location: Waltham, MA 02451
Under the direction of Engineering Management, responsible for the design and development for the full product development cycle – from the requirements stage through design, testing to deployment utilizing Java, Python, Scripting, Linux/Unix, Jenkins, and GitHub.
– Oversee the design and architecture of product components.
– Contribute advanced technical architecture and design of new product and product features.
– Develop critical components and frameworks utilizing Java, Python, Scripting and Linux/Unix, Data Structures and Databases, Multi-threading and Multi-processing.
– Lead development of several back-office systems by providing technical direction, facilitating cross-team communication, and ensuring projects meet deadlines.
– Advocate for and train team members on engineering best practices and design patterns.
– Coordinate across internal departments for product development and issue triaging.
– Monitor day-to-day operations and coordinate responses to technical brokerage issues driven by back office systems and databases impacting fees, clearing, positions, buying power, startup and shutdown. Design and maintain automated systems for gathering current trading and risk data, including historic security trading activity, daily market risk parameters and security pricing data.
– Nice to haves: Develop high performance transactional systems that support our leading high-frequency trading platform. Develop code for electronic securities trading using FIX and Drop as I/O.
Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
(1) Java, Python
(2) Linux and Unix Operating Systems
(3) Data Structures, Java Design Patterns & Generics, Relational Databases (MySQL)
(4) Multi-threading and multi-processing, Big Data (Hadoop)
(5) Project Management Tools, Continuous Integration/Deployment (Jenkins, Maven)
(6) Leading 2+ person teams in the design, implementation, and release of work products
(7) OATS, FIX, DropCopy, Exchange Protocols and Fee Codes, Securities Clearing.