Location: Waltham, MA 02451
Under the direction of Engineering Management, responsible for the design and development for the full product development cycle – from the requirements stage through design, testing to deployment utilizing Java, Python, Scripting, Linux/Unix, Jenkins, and GitHub.
– Oversee the design and architecture of product components.
– Contribute advanced technical architecture and design of new product and product features.
– Develop critical components and frameworks utilizing Java, Python, Scripting and Linux/Unix, Data Structures and Databases, Multi-threading and Multi-processing.
– Lead development of several back-office systems by providing technical direction, facilitating cross-team communication, and ensuring projects meet deadlines.
– Advocate for and train team members on engineering best practices and design patterns.
– Coordinate across internal departments for product development and issue triaging.
– Monitor day-to-day operations and coordinate responses to technical brokerage issues driven by back office systems and databases impacting fees, clearing, positions, buying power, startup and shutdown. Design and maintain automated systems for gathering current trading and risk data, including historic security trading activity, daily market risk parameters and security pricing data.
– Nice to haves: Develop high performance transactional systems that support our leading high-frequency trading platform. Develop code for electronic securities trading using FIX and Drop as I/O.
Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
(1) Java, Python
(2) Linux and Unix Operating Systems
(3) Data Structures, Java Design Patterns & Generics, Relational Databases (MySQL)
(4) Multi-threading and multi-processing, Big Data (Hadoop)
(5) Project Management Tools, Continuous Integration/Deployment (Jenkins, Maven)
(6) Leading 2+ person teams in the design, implementation, and release of work products
(7) OATS, FIX, DropCopy, Exchange Protocols and Fee Codes, Securities Clearing.
Location: Waltham, MA 02451 or New York, NY 10018
We are seeking C++ developers with a passion for high-performance coding and for solving tough problems, combined with an enthusiasm for financial markets and efficient data processing. This is an excellent opportunity for the right person to take a key role in the development of a high-performance trading platform and contribute to the growth of a cutting edge brokerage business. You will take responsibility for optimizing our code base, designing exciting new features, enhancing an industry-leading automated strategy and execution algorithm development platform.
The following skills are needed:
– Experienced C++11/14 developer.
– Understanding of standard object oriented design patterns and techniques.
– Understanding of data structures and how they’re implemented in the STL .
– Understanding of C/C++ memory model and concurrency.
– Linux development experience, including an understanding of the virtual address space for Linux processes.
– Scripting experience, with a preference for Python or Bash.
The following skills would be helpful:
– Experience using industry-standard profiling and debugging tools.
– Template metaprogramming proficiency.
– Experience in the financial industry.
– Experience with network programming.
Bachelors in Computer Science or a related field.